Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Escape to Vice City


Well I found myself tired of my current game selection and I didn’t want to start a new game yet, so I thought about the games that I had the most fun playing. The games that came to me were of course GTA3 and GTA Vice City, 2 well put together games from Rockstar available for a variety of consoles. the above picture shows our charecter "Tommy Vercetti" voiced by Ray Liotta, running with an assult rifle through the streets of Little Havana, Vice City, the picture came from GameSpot.com. The Grand Theft Auto (GTA) series of games is no stranger to controversy and speculation, in fact if Rockstar even hints at a new GTA game the media goes nuts about violence in the game. Now the controversy started with a game called GTA3 available at first for the Playstation 2 and then later for the Xbox. The big issue I remember hearing about just after the games release was on talk radio one morning as I was pulled from school to help my dad with his work was about the use of hookers in the game. The game gives the ability to increase your characters health by pulling up to a woman on the street and driving with her to a dark secluded area, like a parking lot or ally, and then the car bounces up and down for a while as your health starts to increase. Upon receiving the max health available the car will stop bouncing and the female will exit after taking a bit of your money for “the Job.” The radio program also mentioned how you can afterwards kill the women and take back your money plus whatever money she had on her. I think its bull $#!+ that the designers get flagged for a little bit of sexual content and basically a slap on the wrist if there is a massive amount of blood and gore. All these complaints about kids playing these games are bogus, why are these kids playing a Rated-M game, because stupid parents didn’t check the rating before purchasing the game for their child. I think that parents need to stop relying on Video Games, TV, and movies as a watcher for kids and take some initiative and blame for their own mistakes.

No comments: